Calling for / requesting community assistance with updating and fixing XSLT stylesheets

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2009 at 4:38 AM
I've uploaded my XSLT stylesheet source code for transforming or converting SQL Server 2005 Profiler XML trace files to CSV data and extracting SQL transaction queries as plain text from the XML trace files.

I wrote the code the way I planned it to work but for some reason it's not working as I intended or expected. It's really not working properly at all. I know XSLT but am not a guru with the language. Hopefully some people in the community can help me fix the stylesheets up so that it can work the way I intended it to work. You can join the project and fix the code or provide feedback to me so that I can fix them up. Thanks.

In the meantime, I plan to try using XML + XPath queries (XML DOM navigation) to try and parse the XML traces into CSV and extracting the SQL transaction queries the way the XSLT stylesheets were supposed to do.

FYI - these tools were intended to complement other SQL Server trace profiling tools like the Google Code project's SQL Server 2005/2008 Express Profiler (http://sqlprofiler.googlepages.com/), providing a way to exchange data between the official Microsoft SQL Server Profilers and open source / free third party profilers.

Developer
Feb 5, 2009 at 9:23 AM
I will check the source code and get back to you.